Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Norway.... Bergen

Left Ireland and headed over to Norway!!!
After only an hour flight I was already in norways capital... Oslo!

From there I went to the train station and caught a 3pm train to Bergen!
The scenery from the train was probably one of the most beautiful I have ever seen! We went through lakes, waterfalls, and even snow! There are no words nor pictures that can really describe the beauty of the train ride!









At 10 pm  I finally arrived in Bergen and it was still very bright! It did not look like 10 pm and it actually only got dark at around midnight!

The next morning I decided to wake up at 7am and go explore the city before all the tourists get in and it's not as enjoyable to walk around.
Of course I followed the Rick Steves self guide walk to get the best of the city!

At first I started to walk without really paying attention to the map and of course I ended up lost! Haha 
The good thing is that I found some pretty awesome street art along the way!





Then I started the walk once I finally figured out where I was.








Under the cute houses there was a little alley full of shops, mostly souvenirs but a couple of them had some crazy furs!!! Like seals, bears, wolves, Buffaloes and some other crazy animals






The fish market! Probably the # 1 tourist trap in Bergen! Many years ago the fish market used t be where people actually bought fish but nowadays is just rows of fish at ads selling very expensive dishes that probably don't taste all that good 















No comments:

Post a Comment