Monday, July 6, 2015

London

LONDON
So I did a last minute change of flights and decided to leave a day earlier and enjoy an extra 21 hours in London!!! 
It's already been 10 days and I haven't had a chance to sit and properly look at pictures nor write a thing about the trip. The journey has been amazing so far and it's been great to be able to catch up with friends! I've gotten an average of 5 hours of sleep everyday and it's been exhausting but at the same time super fun! 
Every day I wake up early, get ready, and go out all day long! We have been having dinner around 9pm and staying up way past 1am... I'm exhausted! Traveling Europe at this pace is definitely tiring and I'm not 23 anymore!

So... London... Is AMAZING!
 There is a certain "Je ne sais quoi" about this city that makes it very appealing. To be honest I felt like i was in NYC (and I don't know if that's offensive for London) but there is a certain vibe about it that reminds me of New York- maybe it is the Broadway like streets.


I got into Heathrow at 11am and took the tube to my hostel:

Then I took a shower, got my bag and my camera and explored the city!
I was impressed by the excessive amount of people drinking outside the bars throughout the city. It seemed like so much fun! 






Apparently I was "very lucky" with the weather and when its nice out people go out and drink in the sun! I guess I was lucky! 
 
They even had an outside concert and people were singing, dancing, and having a great time!

I walked along without a map or a specific place to go and just explored and it was loads of fun

I especially liked the warnings about which way to look on the street!


At night I walked from my hostel to Sophia's and went out for a drink. The views at night at and from Tower bridge were impressive






No comments:

Post a Comment