Friday, July 10, 2015

Last day in London!

Today is my birthday and last day in London!!!
I decided to start the day by going back to Borough Market and getting a donut for breakfast! Yummms 
 
It was a caramel filled with a honey comb on top... Definitely the best doughnut in the world! It doesn't even compare to the ones back in SF at off the grid that always have at least a half an hour line!
Here I am... Happy! Haha
After the doughnut we headed towards the palace to see the change of guards.
While we were walking we saw a lot of people running so we got curious and followed the crowd. The guards walk in the middle of the street for a couple of blocks until they reach the palace and do the formal change of guards.




The whole thing lasted an hour and if you ask me... It was a little too long, too hot, too sunny, and a little boring! We lost Sophia while she was running to get a good picture so we couldn't leave in the middle of the change and had to wait until the whole thing was over.


After the guards we went our separate ways and I went our for a birthday lunch to Burger and Lobster with Judith! OMG! It was DELICIOUS! At burger and lobster they only have 3 things on the menu: lobster, lobster brioche, and a burger and they say to be experts at it; and to be honest it did not disappoint! The brioche was crunchy but soft, the lobster was absolutely delicious! What a great treat for my birthday!


After lunch I went to visit the famous Harrods
The whole place was super duper fancy and the prices super duper ridiculous!



I really wanted to go see a show and since I was short on time I decided to catch a double decker bus to Trafalgar Square.

I did not make it on time so I decided to walk around Trafalgar Square and Covent garden.








Then I decided to do a Rick Steves tour; I put on my headphones, opened his app and walked London with Rick Steves giving me directions and explanations of where I was going!
One of the first stops was at twinings where I got to taste some tea!




St Paul's cathedral


At night I got to celebrate my birthday by going for dinner and meeting with Andrea and Anthony, who happened to be visiting London as the same time as me!!! <3



We ended the night at a great blues bar... Ain't nothing but...




No comments:

Post a Comment