Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Edinburgh

This morning we woke up early to go return the car and then went on a walk through the city.


In my opinion the first mistake one can make when coming to Europe is not bringing Rick Steves books along! I love love love his products and find the self guided walks extremely helpful to get to know a city.
So this morning we all went up to the castle and then I walked the royal mile on my own following Rick Steves self guided walk.
















After walking the royal mile Laurie joined us and took us to a view place to go on a little hike to get a great view of the city.
After about 5 mins of walking it started raining and since I did not have appropriate shoes (or a jacket or umbrella) I decided not to do the hike and neither did Maria so we went back to the car and this is all the view we got:

After the walk Laurie took us to a neighborhood where we could get something to eat and try traditional Scottish food. 
The back of the castle:




















No comments:

Post a Comment